Cleansing Green Soup
29 June, 2022
This delicious, veggie-packed soup is a JSHealth favorite that makes a great starter anytime of year. Make a big pot and enjoy this throughout the week. Pair with your choice of protein and some crusty bread to make it a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini
- 2 leek
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped to serve
- 2 tbsp almonds, to serve, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot.
- Roughly chop the zucchinis and leeks, then place them in the pot. Add the broccoli florets and stir to combine. Season with chilli flakes, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until they’re cooked through.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, blitz the soup using a food processor or a hand-held blender. Blitz until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- To serve, spoon the soup between bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and almonds.